- the names of the book and author,
- book and author awards,
- publisher details,
- the basic book description - similar to the inside flap cover of a hardback,
- excerpts from the book - those parts that left an impression in the skill of the writer, or because of the content itself.
- the reasons I liked the book - most important for readers to consider whether it may appeal to them also.
- Book Review: a critical review of a book (usually a recently published book).
- Review: a critical article or report, as in a periodical, on a book, play, recital, or the like; critique; evaluation…
- Critical: involving a skilful judgment as to the truth, merit, etc.; judicial; a critical analysis.
- Evaluation: to judge or assess the worth of; appraise…
- Appraisal: an estimate or considered opinion of the nature, quality, importance, etc.
- An introductory paragraph.
- The body of the review.
- A conclusion.
- Describe the setting of the book.
- Describe the book’s main characters.
- Give your reader a taste of the plot (but don’t give the surprises away).
© Copyright Jan Reid-Lennox. All Rights Reserved.