21.12.10

The Seven and Eight Wonders of The World

Article

It is true that our planet possesses some truly amazing and beautiful natural and man made wonders, but recently I was reminded of an email that was sent to me regarding a teachers request to a class to list what they considered to be: The Seven Wonders of The World.

While many in the class listed wonders such as: The Great Pyramids of Egypt, The Taj Mahal, The Grand Canyon, The Panama Canal, The Empire State Building, St. Peter's Basilica and The Great Wall of China; one child listed the following:

To See:

To Hear:

To Touch:

To Taste:

To Feel:

To Laugh:

To Love:


Out of the mouths of babes….
Definitely worth considering, don’t you think? Which I did, and then decided I would like to include an Eighth Wonder of The World, which I believe deserves mention, although difficult to define, and it is the reason why I have left the picture - blank! 

The Human Spirit:



© Copyright J M Lennox. All Rights Reserved.